Location: Hearthstone By The Bay, Etobicoke
Hearthstone Communities is the premier provider of services in our luxury condominiums. Hearthstone By The Bay in Etobicoke is seeking: Part Time (Weekend) Dining Room Supervisor
Hearthstone staff demonstrates a genuine interest to work with members of the Hearthstone Club by promoting their independence, wellness and delivering the highest standard of customer service in the industry. We are seeking an energetic and customer focused leader who shall assist the Food & Beverage manager in planning, organizing, and supervising all activities involved in dining operations, ensuring a high level of productivity, consistency and exceptional dining experiences for our members and their guests. The incumbent has the ability to work independently and as part of a team and can tolerate heat from kitchen area and occasionally work under crowded, noisy, and messy conditions, lift heavy objects (up to 23 kg / 50lbs) and walk short distances and stand throughout most of the shift. Flexibility in availability is essential (days, evenings and weekend) although preferences will be considered if the schedule warrants.
The ideal candidate has successfully completed post secondary education and earned a certificate in food service or hospitality management, and must possess a valid Food Handling certificate and Smart Serve certificate. Two years dining room service experience with demonstrated positive results in a variety of dining environments including, pubs, fine dining and catering is essential. The incumbent has the ability to work independently and as part of a team with demonstrated ability to lead and motivate others while supervising the dining room operations. Flexibility in availability is essential (days, evenings, nights and weekend) although preferences will be considered if the schedule warrants.
The successful candidate’s responsibilities will include, but not be limited to:
– Delivery of exceptional customer service at all levels of departmental contact
– Oversee dining service for all service outlets, including special events, ensuring consistency and customer satisfaction
– Supervise all front line service staff in all food & beverage outlets, including room service and take-out
– Oversee reservation assignment, hosting, selection suggestions, take and deliver orders, cleaning of equipment and environment and maintenance of departmental inventories, including liquor.
– Balance revenue reports at end of shift
– Administer and monitor Smart Serve policies in the sale of liquor
– Assist in development in food and beverage menus, programming of point of sale system and promotion of special events
– Recruit, schedule, train and supervise all dining room staff
– Assist with departmental purchasing, inventories and controls
– Comply with Public Heath department, Occupational Health & Safety Act, Employment Standards Act, AGCO and corporate policies