Location: Hearthstone By The Lake, Burlington
Hearthstone Communities is the premier provider of services for our residents living in luxury senior condominiums. Hearthstone by the Lake in Burlington is our premiere location and we are seeking:
Part-time Dining Room Server
Hearthstone staff demonstrates a genuine interest to work with members of the Hearthstone Club by promoting their independence, wellness and delivering the highest standard of customer service in the industry. We are seeking a creative and energetic server for our food and beverage outlets who can deliver a high level of service and exceptional dining experience for our members and their guests.
The ideal candidate is currently enrolled in or has successfully completed secondary school, and has achieved a minimum one year of hospitality experience as a server and point of sales systems (Jonas Software is an asset) in a variety of dining environments, preferably fine dining. Valid certificates in Food Handlers and Smart Serve are preferred. The incumbent has the ability to work independently and as part of a team and can tolerate heat from kitchen area and occasionally work under crowded, noisy, and messy conditions, lift heavy objects (up to 23 kg / 50lbs) and walk short distances and stand throughout most of the shift. Flexibility in availability is essential (days, evenings, nights and weekend) although preferences will be considered if the schedule warrants. Please note compensation for this position does not include gratuity or tips as higher hourly wage is paid.
The successful candidate’s responsibilities will include, but not be limited to:
– Delivery of exceptional customer service at all levels of departmental contact
– Greet guests, process and deliver food and beverage orders in all food & beverage outlets, including room service and take-out
– Balance sales at end of shift
– Ensure product knowledge , service standards and presentation is consistent to standard
– Assist with cleaning as instructed
– Train new staff as instructed by the Food & Beverage manager or supervisor
– Assist in general inquiries
– Comply with Public Heath department, Occupational Health & Safety Act, Employment Standards Act, ACGO and corporate policies