Location: Hearthstone By The Lake, Burlington
Hearthstone Communities is the premier provider of services in our luxury senior condominiums and Hearthstone by the Lake in Burlington is seeking:
Part time Personal Support Worker (PSW)
Hearthstone staff demonstrates a genuine interest to work with members of the Hearthstone Club by promoting their independence, wellness and delivering the highest standard of customer service in the industry. We are seeking a compassionate and patient care professional who is able to organize their workload while providing personal care and home making services to contracted clients their condominium suites.
The ideal candidate has successfully achieved valid certification as a Personal Support Worker from a Community College and holds a valid Class G driver’s licence. Successful completion of a recognized Food Handler course is preferred. Demonstrated knowledge of personal care practices and experience in a seniors’ residential or home-care setting is essential. The incumbent has the ability to work independently and as part of a team. Flexibility in availability is essential (days, evenings, nights and weekend) although preferences will be considered if the schedule warrants.
The successful candidate’s responsibilities will include, but not be limited to:
– Delivery of exceptional customer service at all levels of departmental contact
– Provide personal care, laundry, homemaking, light meal preparation, companionship for contracted care clients as outlined on care plans or requested by the resident
– Promote enhanced services to encourage residents to age-in-place in their own home
– Process documentation for resident records and the department as required
– Drive the corporate shuttle vehicle for organized trips or organized outings as required
– Comply with Public Health, Occupational Health & Safety Act, Employment Standards Act, other pertinent legislation and corporate policies
– Liaise with resident families, and other agencies as instructed